GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING AN ABSTRACT
All abstracts must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on February 15th, 2020 via the online submission form.
* Note that the information provided in this section will appear in the conference program and book of abstracts exactly as submitted, so please avoid spelling errors and provide the complete name of your company, organization, or institution (followed by acronyms if appropriate).
* Also note that all communications regarding your abstract will be directed to the email address you provide, so please ensure that it is entered correctly.
Please indicate whether you would be willing to moderate the session in which your abstract is placed. Session moderators will introduce oral presenters, keep track of time, and facilitate question/answer periods following presentations.
Guidelines for moderators
EVALUATION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The BNHC Steering Committee will review abstracts on a rolling basis beginning upon abstract submissions opening. The Committee will contact authors with formal acceptance or rejection notices as soon as possible in order to allow presenters sufficient time to register for the conference and make travel arrangements. All notifications will be sent to the email address provided during the abstract submission process.
The Committee will make the final decision with regard to the acceptance or rejection of all abstracts. In rare cases, abstracts submitted for oral presentations may be accepted on the condition that they instead be presented as posters.
Abstracts will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Scientific merit, with emphasis on new research results, cutting-edge developments and novel perspectives. Please note that the committee will NOT accept repeat presentations. The information being presented must be new, original work.
- Direct relevance to the conference themes and applicability to species knowledge, conservation, management, education and policy implications.
- Submission of a clearly written, well organized abstract that begins with a concise statement of the topic or issue and ends with a substantive conclusion.
- Adherence to the submission guidelines outlined above.
AFTER YOUR ABSTRACT IS ACCEPTED
All accepted presenters must register for the conference before the deadline on April 15, 2020. Presenters not registered by this date will not be included in the scientific program and will not have their abstract(s) published in the book of abstracts.
Attendees travelling to the conference from outside of the US may be required to obtain a visitor visa. For more information about visa requirements, please review the following:
The BNHC Steering Committee will schedule all oral presentations and finalize the scientific program in April 2020. Presentations will be organized into sessions by topic, and the Committee will make every effort to ensure optimal placement of each speaker.
Guidelines for Oral Presenters
Guidelines for Poster Presenters
Presentations may be scheduled any time from the morning of Monday, May 4 through the afternoon of Thursday, May 7, and it is expected that all presenters will be available during any of these time slots. Special scheduling requests will not be accommodated, and talks will not be moved once scheduling is complete.
In April, the schedule-at-a-glance will be posted on the conference website and circulated to accepted presenters via email so they can make note of the day, time, and session in which they will be presenting.
Dissemination of Abstracts
Abstracts will be published in the BNHC 2020 Book of Abstracts and made available to all via our website. BNT will not publish abstracts in any other format.